Hamilton Forth is delighted to be working in partnership with an innovative commercial development organisation to appoint a Service Desk Engineer. Our client is a market leader within the commercial development space and is experiencing rapid expansion and requires a Service Desk Engineer to join their growing team to assist with their IT solutions and support.
- Deliver 1st and 2nd line support services and incident/problem resolution for hardware and software queries.
- Manage user expectations, escalating any problems through the correct channels in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure all technology and hardware is maintained and audited accordingly.
- Liaise with other technical support personnel and 3rd party support as required.
- Develop MS Office strategies and MS Desktop strategies.
Required skills and experience
- Strong background and proficient in Microsoft Office / Office 365 products.
- Ability to work independently without support.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team environment, delivering by example.
- Strong commercial knowledge to support Windows operating system level issues.
- Ability to work with users to define issues and translate them to requirements.
- Comfortable in multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment.
Located in Glasgow, however, there will be a level of flexibility with hybrid working (3 days on site).
The position would suit candidates who have experience in providing hands on support and responding quickly to stakeholders needs.
The ideal candidate will be a hard-working individual not afraid to face up to the challenges offered by a new role in a rapidly growing and market leading organisation.
If you believe you’re a good match to the above – then please get in touch at your earliest convenience.