We are delighted to bring to market this exciting opportunity based in Edinburgh with hybrid working. We are looking for a Project Manager looking to take their step up into a PMO role.
The successful candidate will lead a high functioning team responsible for the successful delivery of all our client's projects. They have the opportunity to bring their ideas and methods with them to create a new working culture within the PMO, leading the development and continuous improvement of the project management service, including policy, processes and procedures relating to the project delivery methodology, ensuring that the organisation adopts best practice.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring that the Project services are delivered to a consistently high standards and in a cost-effective manner. This service provides project management to deliver all projects and programmes to cost, time and quality.
- Lead a step change improvement in the repeatable project management methodology across IT, designing policy, process and procedure that can be sized according to the cost, risk or impact of the initiative. Embed the methodology and, thereafter, champion a culture of continuous improvement.
- Lead the development of the Project services, so that there is consistency in standards and processes across the client.
- Promote collaborative working with colleagues in IT and other services to ensure these are bedded in.
- Build internal networks to maintain awareness of strategy and business plans, thereby ensuring that IT provide the best professional advice to internal customers.
- Build external networks with other organisations in the sector and industry to share best practice.
- Identify technology solutions which enhance the delivery of the Projects service.
- Oversee the management of the IS pipeline and process, ensuring that all new requests are categorised, sized and presented for prioritisation . This will include working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to identify new
- projects which emerge from the implementation of our client's strategy and the annual business planning process.
- Lead the development of a Projects reporting suite that provides both a high-level dashboard and detailed reporting to senior stakeholders.
- Provide professional leadership to the small projects team, developing the skills and knowledge of individual team members to meet the needs of the organisation, and so that they can add value to the delivery of the projects and programmes they are assigned. Develop a skills matrix, training and succession plans for the team so that the overall capability is fit for purpose.
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Prince 2, Agile or other project delivery certification (desirable)
- ITIL Foundation (desirable)
- Proven track record of delivering IS projects to conclusion, including initiation, business case, implementation, business change and benefits realisation and tracking, all in accordance with a repeatable delivery methodology.
- Experience of leading a small team of IS professionals to deliver projects which have a material impact on the profitability or risk profile of the parent organisation or its clients.
- Experience of positively influencing decision-making and issue management at senior leadership level of the organisation or its clients.
- Lead step change improvement in a service or substantial process area.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing with a range of people at all levels, including presenting and influencing at a senior level within an organisation or to its clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively a varied and demanding workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure often to tight deadlines and excellent personal resilience.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and networking skills.
- Committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
If you are interested in this new opportunity, please contact [email protected]