Hamilton Forth is delighted to be partnering with a Scottish public sector organisation to recruit a Project Manager on an interim basis. This is a 9-month contract with scope for extension.
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering a number of projects, including service redesign, commissioning and service improvement in relation to the Building Maintenance Service. The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring the projects are delivered on time and budget. The Project Manager will work closely with and support the Project Team.
- Supporting the Chief Officer, Project Board and Project Team in their roles which include defining and monitoring the quality and required outcomes of the projects.
- Co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams to deliver the projects from tender preparation stage to completion to achieve the outcomes defined by the Project Board.
- Controlling and managing project programmes to ensure they are completed on time and budget.
- Contract negotiation and management.
- Controlling spend and budgets and reporting on financial management of projects, often with multiple budget sources.
- Work closely with Finance Team and raising necessary invoices / purchase orders.
- Prepare regular control documents, project status updates, and closure documents for approval by Chief Officer and onward submission to Board and relevant Committees.
- Managing the ongoing development and improvement of projects as defined by the Chief Officer.
- Reporting to the Project Board , contributing to team meetings, team plans, internal initiatives and assisting with appraisal of future development opportunities.
- Assist with Partnership relationships including where required co-ordinating stakeholder / community engagement.
- Experience of service redesign and improvement: performance and productivity.
- Ability to manage and deliver complex projects and contracts.
- Budget management.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Able to interpret and analyse complex data and information.
- Proficient in the use of MS365 & Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety obligations.
- Status determination: Outside IR35.
- Remote working options available.