Principal UX Designer
Fully remote (Must be UK based)
Up to £80,000
Hamilton Forth are delighted to be working on another role for one our Technology clients. Due to some recent successes they are looking to expand the team with a series of new hires.
We are looking to speak to Principal UX Designers for this fully remote opportunity. Applicants must be currently based in UK. The role also offers 4 day working week (32 hours) but paid for 5 days.
- You’ve led the end-to-end design process for complex digital applications, particularly within the constraints of form factor (web/mobile), SAAS applications and localisation (languages/currency)
- You’ve led the creation of a design system, have championed it’s use, and know when to use established patterns vs. creating new ones
- You’re a clear, confident and skilled presenter of your work, which can be demonstrated through your interactive design portfolio
- You have an eye for clean design that is both visually polished, and tells a clear story that guides your users to the information they need
- You've run your own user interviews and usability tests in a non-academic setting and have experience working with stakeholder at all levels to establish not just the wants buts needs of all stakeholders involved
- You're comfortable partnering with cross-functional project teams to see your designs through from idea to implementation
- You’re effective at communicating with all stakeholders – especially those not familiar with the design discipline – knowing when to listen, when to contribute and when to shows your skills in a professional and courteous manner.
- You possess a curiosity and a proven track record of continual learning/self-education in the field of human centered design
- You have extensive experience working in the UX field, have been in a business/client-facing role, and can independently manage your work and balance conflicting needs across business, users, and technology.
As Principal UX Designer you will have the opportunity to to apply your service and product design experience to help take the clients products, platform and services to the next level. You will have the unique opportunity to help drive human-centered design, customer discovery and product design experiences in this growing enterprise-level learning and development ecosystem. In this role, you will leverage your experience across the full design stack of user insights & research, service design, information design, interaction and visual design to bring things together in a clear and concise fashion for all users.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, or related field
- Extensive professional experience, variety of industries a plus
- Postgraduate qualification a plus
- Interactive design portfolio submitted with application