Hamilton Forth is delighted to be supporting Scotland's fastest growing local authority with the appointment of a Principal Information and Data Governance Officer on an initial six-month contract basis.
The Principal Information and Data Governance Officer will be responsible for developing and overseeing governance, data management, record management, policy and data protection for the council's O365 deployment; a crucial project in the council's development. With collaborative working in mind, the council is developing an environment that encourages streamlined working and partnership across functions.
This role, based in the Cyber and Data Security Team, owns and manages the structure, location and use of Information that is held within or passes through the organisation. The role is a split between governance and control and facilitating the meeting of Customer needs. The individual works closely with Governance based roles and Delivery based roles to ensure we use our information in a secure, responsible and optimised way.
The role will oversee the gathering, classification, storage, access, dissemination, retention and destruction of digital information in all its forms. It will create policies, procedures and guidelines to manage and communicate information among different individuals, services and partners. It will support existing and new digital platforms such as O365 and Google WorkSpace, with a view to consolidate and simplify access and the sharing of information. It will also focus on the level of control the Council has over the information it produces and ensure it complies with the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for information and records management ensuring that uniformly recognised and accepted data definitions are developed and applied throughout the organisation. Ensures that the business processes and information required to support the organisation are defined, and devises appropriate processes and data architectures. Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organisation's use of information and develops strategies for compliance. Leads and plans activities to communicate and implement information management strategies. Coordinates information resources to meet specific business objectives whilst maintaining the principles of professional standards, accountability, openness, equality, diversity and clarity of purpose. Implements systems and controls to measure performance and manage risk.
- Creating and Maintaining Information Strategy
- Achieving demonstrable Audit of Information
- Working with delivery Teams to safely manage Information and access to Information
- Providing Design Assurance where information is held, accessed or in transit, ensuring data can be readily located.
- Taking a Risk based approach to storage and security with Information.
- Design, build and implementation of technology tools that support the Information protection strategy, objectives and operational requirements.
- Determine and implement how the organisations retention schedule and data classification translates into new digital platforms such as Office 365 and Google WorkSpace
- Provide policies, procedures and training to various role and role group
- There are no direct line management responsibilities in this position
- This is a predominantly remote position, although there may be requirement to be on-site for essential meetings
- This is a contract position (outside IR35)
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact [email protected] at your earliest convenience.