New permanent role on behalf of Napier University in Edinburgh:
Details of this role:
- Be a technical lead and expert in the research, risk analysis, design, development, enhancement, and management of university owned endpoint device services and associated infrastructure.
- Proactively ensure that all endpoint device services and infrastructure, which may be bespoke, are reliable, efficient, secure, and effective for all end users.
- Support the IS Service Desk and on campus technicians to assist in troubleshooting and resolution of any severe managed endpoint service issues.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders from Information Services and academic and professional service departments, to evaluate and recommend innovative technology solutions where a potential need or benefit is identified in line with the university’s strategic objectives and end user requirements.
- Build relationships with trusted advisors in the HE sector, other sectors and vendor organisations.
- Create and maintain relevant documentation as part of service and project delivery, taking account of the Information Services change management and incident handling procedures, and the universities IT procurement and licensing processes.
- Mentor colleagues in the development of their skills.
Required skills & experience:
- Demonstratable experience of centralised endpoint device infrastructure and life-cycle management; for example: Active Directory & Azure Active Directory, Group Policy, Autopilot & DEP, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (SCCM & Intune), JAMF pro and Apple School Manager
- Demonstratable experience of enforcing security compliance for end point device Operating Systems and Applications
- Demonstratable experience of managing endpoint device access to Microsoft 365 services, such MS-Teams and M365 Apps, and of centralised deployment and control of them.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritise own work.
- Participate in the department’s “Out of hours support scheme” if required.
Please get in touch for more information!