Hamilton Forth is delighted to be partnering with a highly-reputable, Glasgow-based organisation currently experiencing a period of growth. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a start-up company handling billions of transactions and moving to be a £500m + p.a. turnover business within its first year of live operation.
We are supporting the appointment of a Support Analyst. This position will be responsible for creating robust internal support processes and solutions, working with 3rd-party support partners, coordinating day-to-day support activities and developing and delivering a robust intranet / collaboration toolset.
The role is based in Glasgow, with hybrid working options.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide ongoing coordination and hands-on support of collaboration and general office IT facilities to the wider team.
Reporting to the Head of IT, working with our 3rd-party IT support provider as the key point of contact to provide first level support of common office IT facilities and establish and manage internal IT change and fault management processes.
Coordinating the provision of IT resources and solutions for a fast growing team, ensuring appropriate asset and license management and support services.
Design and implement a corporate intranet (based on MS toolset), embodying appropriate access controls and structure.
Design, implement and support a collaborative document management solution (based on MS toolset) providing appropriate folder and file structures across the organisation to ensure appropriate information and access control.
Support Business Analysts and System Test teams to achieve implementation of core business systems.
- Strong customer service and support skills, willing to go the extra mile to ensure support to colleagues across varying levels of IT literacy.
- In-depth skills in Microsoft toolset including, Teams and SharePoint as a base for developing collaboration tools.
- Attention to detail and strong instinct for spotting problems and being able to think on their feet and present creative solutions.
- Strong team player able and willing to work beyond the scope of the role to support the team.
- Organised, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in developing support processes and policies and creation of support documentation and training for system users.
- A friendly collaborative approach with stakeholders and development personnel, whilst ensuring targets are met within a demanding project timescale.
Qualifications & Experience
- Background and experience in system delivery and support processes and approaches.
- Collaboration toolsets.
- Decisive self-starter.
- Service orientated able to coordinate 3rd-party resources and manage user expectations.
- Information and User Interface design skills.
- Excellent communicator able to convey technical issues to non-technical personnel in both written and verbal format.
- Graduate level – this is a great opportunity for an IT / Computer Studies graduate who wishes wide experience across a fast moving start-up business.
- Experience of working with all levels of stakeholders including Executive team and operational practitioners.