Hamilton Forth is delighted to be working in partnership with Hutchison Technologies in the appointment of a number of strategic appointments as part of their growing IT outfit.
Hutchison Technologies is a family business that has operated for almost 30 years with a simple purpose, ‘To make a positive difference for people through access to better technology’. This purpose has enabled the establishment of in-house Research and Development, Supply Chain Management, and Manufacturing teams now delivering new engineered technologies, including smart energy and medical training products.
The Software Product Owner will own the various solutions which Hutchison designs, develops and integrates into the end customer environments. It is likely that the successful candidate for this role will have a proven track record in liaising with a range of commercial partners and will be capable of researching various client needs and determining the best course of action from a product delivery perspective.
The preference is to attract a high-calibre technical steward and product specialist – capable of acting as the conduit between business and technology functions – and also possess a creative, can-do attitude regarding problem solving and idea generation.
A background in IT (ideally computer science / software engineering) is highly advantageous as the position requires someone who can support and improve the product as per customer specifications. Most importantly though, this role requires a creative thinker who can work with end businesses and identify the most suitable solutions to their demands.
- Managing product vision, roadmap, and growth opportunities
- Collecting business requirements from customers to support and improve product
- Working as part of a development team to devise and plan technical solutions to customer problems
- Maintaining a product backlog and prioritising work items based on customer requirements, value, and effort.
- Writing clear and concise user stories to produce acceptance criteria for the development team.
- Writing documentation, communicating release information and note taking in meetings.
- Identifying and delivering a minimum viable product
- Managing regular iterative product releases and incorporating feedback into subsequent sprints
- Demonstrating new features to stakeholders throughout the development process to ensure requirements are met
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers, suppliers, bankers and advisors
- Ensure all Insurances are up to date and appropriate (e.g. Company insurance, Death in Service scheme, etc.)
If you’d like to hear more about this fantastic opportunity then please get in touch with JOSH MORELAND – [email protected] – at your earliest convenience!