Senior Software Engineer
Remote working (UK Based)
A great new opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a growing business based in Scotland. Our client has a product which is used by hundreds of companies around the world and are going through a very exciting period of expansion. The role is fully remote (UK Based)
The current tech stack used is Python for all new server-side code, running in Flask framework. They also use other technologies such as React, MySQL and GraphQL. We are also willing to look at candidates that have used similar technologies such as PHP, Ruby, Java or Node.js and are willing to pick up the Python.
- Experience developing in Python or React preferably or solid experience using PHP, Ruby, Java or Nodejs. Ability to write code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability.
- Working with key stakeholders effectively to make well-reasoned design and technical decisions, identifying potential risks and trade-offs.
- Experience of the Full Software Development Life Cycle
- Be a team player – experience of working as part of a supportive team on projects that deliver value for customers and the business. Provide regular and constructive feedback to colleagues, both in and out of code reviews. Providing guidance to teams on effectively breaking down tasks and estimating.
- Experience and/or ability of proactively identifying and resolving issues outside of your immediate team where necessary.
- Championing clean code principles and test driven development.
- Sharing knowledge of software architecture and development techniques with colleagues and the broader organization.
For more information, please apply within