Hamilton Forth is currently working with a fantastic technology business who are going through a period of growth in 2022. Our client is looking to add multiple Software Development Engineers in Test to the team. This is a fully remote role (must be UK based)
Successful candidates will join the Engineering team, specifically in the test automation space, defining and adding to a reusable and repeatable automation test framework that supports the business critical applications with real customers around the world. You will be part of a cross functional team of Software Engineers, focused on delivering for the customers, helping solve problems and supporting the growth and development of colleagues. Your specific role will support the engineering process by first creating an automation framework for automation tests and secondly through delivering coded automated tests for browser based applications in a CI/CD environment.
You will be given significant autonomy to define the businesses automation strategy and innovate in that space and we are looking for someone to truly take ownership of their work.
You will be responsible for:
- Working directly with the architects on defining a best in class automation tools and test framework to be used organisation wide
- Developing test cases based on functional and technical requirements
- Integration and monitoring of automation test suites in our CI/CD pipeline
- Working closely with engineering team and product team
- Advocate for high quality standards within your team
- Coach and mentor other team members as the business scale up their testing efforts
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience in automation test space
- Previous experience designing and architecting test automation frameworks with demonstrated examples of strong ownership on testing direction of your organisation in your previous role.
- Strong experience in coded test automation
- Advanced knowledge of Web/UI cross browser testing strategies for modern UI frameworks
- ·Experience in a CI/CD environment maintaining ‘green board’’ policies, and driving test coverage statistics and defect reporting.
- Strong experience in Unit Testing.
- Advanced level understanding of Object Oriented/SOLID Design principles and practices and their application as design patterns in automated testing.
- Strong database development experience for data set up and verification - in high volume, high throughput environments.
- Experience with test case management tools such as Test Rail.
- Strong experience in agile/lean methodologies and processes (ideally Kanban or scrum) leading process improvements and engineering disciplines.
- Experience managing defect backlogs and requirements management with tools such as JIRA.
- Experience with Git or related source control tools
My client use Python for all new server-side code, running in the Flask framework. They also use a variety of other technologies for example MySQL, React, and GraphQL.
If you have experience in similar technologies such as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Java, or Node.js and are willing to pick up their stack, please apply!