Hamilton Forth is delighted to be working with one of the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Their success is down to their entrepreneurial spirit, courageous mind-set and their team. They know that their people are their greatest strength and they’ve built an environment and culture where everyone can perform at their best.
They are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will be responsible for building their internal Data Platform to work with numerous application ecosystems. Working within an agile team the role holder will be using a modern cloud-based data toolkit to develop a next generation data platform. This role will be part of the Data Engineering team which sits within Data Services. On offer is a fantastic package and opportunity to join one of Scotland’s top employers.
This role offers remote working.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Expertise with the any of the following data technologies – Redshift, AWS Glue, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS (Postgres), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Kinesis, Snowflake or Matillion
• Design and develop complex data pipelines to a high quality and help shape our platform data and the data in it
• Drive business outcomes through agile principals while and working in a sprint-based manner
• Work with stakeholders across the business to understand their data requirements, and produce innovative solutions to meet their needs, and increase effectiveness of business processes
• Provide mentoring and coaching for more junior members of the data team, sharing best practice and experience
• Hands on experience developing large-scale global data warehousingData Platform and analytics projects
• Experience of data solution implementation, using AWSSnowflake, in a highly technical and analytical role
• Experience of developing complex data pipelines and data transformations
• Track record of thinking strategically about business, product, and technical challenges whilst designing and delivering innovating solutions in an enterprise environment
• Experience with DataOps and CICD
We look forward to hearing from you!