Hamilton Forth is delighted to be supporting an established Scottish Data Consultancy to recruit a Senior Data Engineer. This leading data solutions provider delivers Data Engineering, Cloud, Data Strategy & Management as well as BI & Analytics services to a range of large enterprise clients in data-rich industries.
Many clients are within financial services, however there will be the opportunity to work with a range of clients from different sectors. The organisation has delivered year-on-year revenue growth of 40% over the past two years and continues to build and strengthen their capability.
The UK's leading independent data solution provider are dedicated to developing and nurturing their people. They always provide employees with exciting challenges and rewards. Their culture of sharing and learning from one another helps them create a great environment.
We have exciting opportunities for Senior Data Engineers to join the consultancy team. This role is right for individuals with proven experience and strong technical knowledge, who will thrive in the success of the delivery in a wide range of projects.
In Data Engineering you will have the opportunity to work in technical delivery, technologies and concepts in areas such as Data Storage, Data Ingestion, Data Integration, Data Warehousing, Data Preparation and Cloud Infrastructure.
Senior Data Engineer Requirements:
- Develop good working relationships with clients on a project. This includes presenting deliverables to clients with confidence.
- Manage small engagements or workstreams. These engagements will also include managing small teams of people, managing project risks, gather and implementing project requirements whilst balancing those with required high-quality outputs and deliverables.
- Structure and deliver high-quality pieces of work and manage against a plan. This may mean communicate status and escalate problems to client / senior team members where necessary and propose possible solutions
- Manage internal staff in a people management capacity. This includes performance management and wellbeing.
- Identify development needs and successes of junior employees
- Support building the Consulting practice through contribution and leading in ongoing initiatives. This can include support knowledge-sharing activities, such as the development of internal training material It can also include involvement in the sales process through leading a bid or significantly contributing to proposal material
- Contribute to on-going knowledge transfer through monitoring and updating project qualifications as appropriate
Essential technical and non-technical experience you will demonstrate:
- Expertise in SQL and Python
- Strong experience designing and delivering data solutions in Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Data Engineer with previous experience in industry
- Flexibility to travel to and work on client sites within the UK and occasionally Europe
- Take ownership and accountability for critical initiatives and deliverables in line with design patterns and standards
- Project Management skills, and demonstrable experience of delivering projects across the lifecycle balancing business needs, operational delivery, and governance requirements
- Senior stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with business and technical focused colleagues
- Experience leading data engineers to develop performant end-to-end solutions, prioritising workloads, and encouraging collaborative working
- Technically competent and curious, with a passion to explore and an attitude to learn new tools
- Experience working with one or more of - Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Snowflake
- Experience working with relational SQL and NoSQL databases both on premises and in the cloud
- Experience delivering multiple solutions using key techniques such as Governance, Architecture, Data Modelling, ETL / ELT, Data Lakes, Data Warehousing, Master Data, and BI
- A solid understanding of key processes in the engineering delivery cycle including Agile and DevOps, Git, APIs, Containers, Microservices and Data Pipelines.
- A solid understanding of key processes in the engineering delivery cycle including Agile, DevOps, Git, and Data Pipelines.
- Designing own processes in line with design patterns and standards
- You will share our passionate about data and possess skills and expertise in the following areas:
- A high level of drive with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of providing insightful solutions
- The ability to participate effectively in meetings with senior stakeholders.
- A team player who supports, encourages and shares knowledge with others.
- A self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
- A track record of accurate output and responsibility for elements of project delivery.
- The ability to work as part of an integrated team or on an individual basis.
- Awareness of industry standards, regulations and developments.
What we offer you:
We have a working culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent, while providing exciting opportunities and challenges to generate positive change for our clients.
You can expect guaranteed investment in your personal development. We have structed learning paths on a number of platform including Udemy and not to mention the in house knowledge that is shared by all of our consultants, our lunch and learn sessions are regular fixtures in the calendar.
If you’re passionate about data, and you’re looking to join a leading data and analytics company based in the UK, please apply at your earliest convenience.