Hamilton Forth are delighted to be partnering with a fast growing, ecommerce organisation in Edinburgh to appoint a Senior Data Analyst. Due to continued growth and expansion, there is an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join a growing team and work with a fast-paced SME.
As a result of the organisation’s exponential growth, a Senior Data Analyst is required to join the team to contribute to the organisations data management, mining, reporting and analysis. They will also be responsible for understanding the nuances of the business strategy, identifying trends, impacts and interactions across the different business functions including marketing, sales, supply chain and finance teams.
- Conduct accurate data mining and extraction to make use of all possible stakeholder lenses, using a range of tools to manipulate, interpret, and effectively present data.
- Work with large datasets on a variety of analytical output requirements, developing complicated reporting, data analysis, and data selections to support business decisions.
- Examine and document source data structures and data models from core business systems, and data flow diagrams.
- Use business intelligence tools to create reports, and recommendations for analytical applications.
- Structure data and information by organising it appropriately into comprehensive structures.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in a Data Analyst and reporting position, providing data management and analytical capabilities.
- Experience developing, building and maintaining reports and data modelling.
- Able to present data to the wider business team in an accessible format, working with large datasets and analytical outputs.
- Experienced in using SQL and Python, as well as knowledge of machine learning techniques.
- Experience using Tableau or Qlik, developing analytical insights and creating dashboards to identify and analyse performance metrics, supporting the wider business in its decision making.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and possess a can-do attitude.
Qualifications & Experience
- A proven quality driven, pragmatic and hands-on data expert able to identify and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of data management, data mining and analytics methodologies and technologies.
- Experienced in delivering technical projects.
- Experience with Tableau and other Microsoft data management and analytics tools and techniques to analyse data, produce reports and visualise data in easy-to-understand formats.
- Capable of simplifying complex datasets into simple insights.
- Flexible with proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a structured and objective manner.
- Experience of working in Agile teams or knowledge of Agile principles.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets.
This position would be best suited to an individual with a high attention to detail, be self-motivated and have the ability to positively engage with a variety of stakeholders.
If you believe you’re a good match to the above – then please get in touch at your earliest convenience!