Hamilton Forth is delighted to be retained by Bute Energy to appoint a Junior GIS Analyst. Bute Energy Limited has built up a market-leading pipeline of Energy Park projects in Wales, constituting the largest onshore renewables development portfolio in the UK. Due to their continued growth and success, Bute is expanding their GIS team.
As a Junior GIS Analyst, typical responsibilities will involve coordinating data collection and storage for multiple renewable energy projects, overseeing map production and data deliverables.
The successful candidate will work with the Senior Technical Manager and the existing GIS team to deliver the day-to-day requirements of the business as well as improve how we deliver projects and identify opportunities for automation and innovation of how we share information to our development colleagues.
- Management of project GIS databases
- Production of high-quality maps, charts, reports and other data deliverables for internal and external issue to local drives as well as online GIS portals
- Geospatial analysis and data manipulation
- Contribute to technical reports and presentations
- Identify opportunities for automation and innovate how we share information amongst our company
Knowledge & Skills:
The ideal candidate will have the following personal characteristics and experience -
- A qualification in GIS or relevant university degree and/or experience (essential)
- Experience of using ArcGIS 10.x and its extensions including AcrGIS Pro and ArcGIS online (essential)
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint (essential)
- Ability to automate tasks using scripting tools such as Python (desirable)
- Ability to develop geoprocessing models and tools using ESRI model builder (desirable)
If this opportunity suits your skillset and career ambitions, please apply at your earliest convenience or contact [email protected] for more information.