Hamilton Forth is delighted to be retained by Bute Energy to appoint its IT Manager.
Bute Energy Limited has built up a market-leading pipeline of Energy Park projects in Wales, constituting the largest onshore renewables development portfolio in the UK. The businesses’ Energy Parks combine the latest technology for onshore wind and solar generation to provide projects with some of the lowest Levelised Cost of Energy in the UK.
With an ambitious programme of deliverables for the year ahead, Bute Energy is growing its existing team to drive the business through the next stages of consenting and delivery. Bute Energy's core values of courage, passion, community, and integrity are central to their mission to work towards a sustainable world, now and for future generations; delivering green energy generation and infrastructure that benefits local communities and society as a whole.
Bute Energy is a business that truly has people at the heart of everything they do, working hard to ensure that their colleagues are supported and encouraged to succeed. Bute Energy strive on their culture and values to ensure that every one of their people have that "feeling of belonging” and can bring their whole selves to work.
The role offers an opportunity to lead, shape, and develop the IT function at Bute Energy. As the stand-alone IT professional within the organisation, you will be responsible for maintaining all systems, hardware and software applications, providing day-to-day support, advice and guidance across the business and delivering cyber security knowledge. This support will create a strong, progressive IT offering that promotes efficiency, security and development for Bute Energy.
- Develop and implement IT strategies and roadmaps, preparing business cases and make appropriate technology recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Liaise with IT support providers, reviewing agreements, contracts, and SLAs to best support Bute Energy’s organisational goals
- Interface with Cybersecurity Advisors, overseeing information security and maintaining network and user security through hardware, software installations or through education and consulting
- Ongoing analysis of cyber threats, enforcing and maintaining agreed cybersecurity regimes, policies and external accreditations
- Monitor performance of information technology systems including regular audits, testing, troubleshooting and adjusting information systems, as appropriate, to operate effectively
- Identify and document all 3rd party software and ensure data is secure and regularly backed up
- Scope, source and Project Manage implementation of new software
- Ongoing analysis of business requirements, including the business’s current and future needs, by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs
- Translate technical requirements into non-technical terms to ensure all stakeholders understand the role that technology plays in the organisation’s development
- User support / procurement (as agreed with Support provider)
- Continuous improvement of IT security / efficiency / value for money
- User training & comms
- Monitoring & reporting of user activity
- Audit against compliance policies
- Management of IT budgets in partnership with senior stakeholder
If this opportunity suits your skillset and career ambitions, please apply at your earliest convenience or contact [email protected] for more information.