Hamilton Forth is delighted to be retained by Stewart Buchanan Gauges to appoint its IT Manager.
Stewart-Buchanan Gauges (SBG) is a long-established manufacturing business with a highly skilled workforce and strong reputation for quality products delivered on time. SBG have thrived over their long history because they put our customers at the heart of everything they do. Whilst SBG is a well-established business, they are also dynamic, and their speed of response has been the cornerstone for much of their success. This is due to being a well-organised business top down and bottom up.
SBG is a company that likes to stay one step ahead and their commitment to innovation has led to an enviable reputation as a manufacturer of market-leading, technically advanced products. This reputation has enabled them to grow in highly competitive markets across Europe and around the world.
With the impending retirement of their current IT Manager and an acknowledgement the business requires a more robust, up-to-date and progressive IT service offering to support its growth ambitions, the incumbent will be required to initially undertake a comprehensive review of all IT infrastructure, systems and processes to assess current and future capability before making necessary recommendations and implementing changes / best practice as appropriate.
With an innovative, forward-thinking mindset and “can do” attitude the successful candidate will bring a proven track record in delivering an effective IT infrastructure and customer-focused support service coupled with the ability to ensure the IT function directly supports and effectively enables the organisation to deliver on its ambitious growth plans.
- Supervising daily operations of network and server infrastructure, building and implementing system architecture as appropriate
- Maintaining and supporting all existing software
- Maintaining, supporting and upgrading end user devices and hardware as required
- Overseeing information security and maintaining network and user security through hardware or software installation or through education
- Ongoing analysis of current cyber threats and ensuring solutions and standards are enforced and maintained
- Designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures
- Monitoring performance of information technology systems including the regular audit, testing, troubleshooting and adjusting information systems as appropriate to operate effectively
- Ongoing analysis of business requirements, including the business’s current and future needs, by partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation to develop solutions for IT needs
- Translating technical requirements into non-technical terms to ensure all stakeholders understand the role that technology plays in the organisation’s development
- Negotiating licenses and contracts with third-party suppliers
- Understanding SBG’s data requirements, and being able to translate and develop reports for non-technical stakeholders
- Managing IT budgets in partnership with senior stakeholders
- Researching and staying up to date regarding new IT equipment and solutions
If this opportunity suits your skillset and career ambitions, please apply at your earliest convenience or contact [email protected] for more information.