Hamilton Forth is delighted to be retained by Baxters Food Group to appoint its IT Business Partner.
Baxters Food Group is a fourth-generation privately owned entrepreneurial business which specialises in the manufacturing of premium quality, primarily branded, food products. The Group’s product range includes soup, beetroot, chutney, condiments, preserves and meal options. Since Baxters began operation in 1868 a lot has changed, but their dedication to making only the best quality products has always been at the core of everything they do. The Baxters brand has grown from a humble village store to a global brand with a turnover of circa £450m.
Baxters now finds their products being sold in major supermarket chains such as Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury’s and many more, which has contributed to the large-scale growth of the business. Baxters’ Head Quarters is situated just off Charlotte Square in Edinburgh and oversees the UK & European operation based in Fochabers.
A new vacancy based in Edinburgh has arisen within Baxters Europe, representing an excellent opportunity to join their market-leading team. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to further your career within a reputable business that has made themselves a well-established household name over many years. The successful candidate will report directly to the European Finance Director with regular interaction with the wider organisation and various key senior stakeholders within the business, including the IT, finance, HR, sales and marketing teams.
- Create, develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships across the different Baxters Europe functions, directly supporting and partnering with a variety of stakeholders to improve business efficiency and performance.
- Map and understand the current systems that exist within Baxters European strategic business unit, developing, mapping and delivering the future road map of the organisations systems, driving efficiency and revolutionising reporting throughout the business.
- Provide appropriate support in delivering required IT projects within Baxters Europe, ensuring all projects are kept on track to time, cost and quality expectations.
- Identify and implement solutions to any project blockers, ensuring that this is managed in accordance with scope tolerances.
- Provide advice and guidance in developing IT solutions across the different European functions, improving organisational efficiency and collaboration.
- Ensure strong working relationships are established across the European function including the various site operating units, European Board, Extended Leadership Team and the wider team.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures including a focus on safety and well-being of colleagues, communicating effectively, legal and quality business aspects.
- Maintain excellent awareness of industry methods, tools and techniques and recommend changes to the existing processes where appropriate.