Hamilton Forth are delighted to be working with an award winning Global engineering business to help them source and IT Service Desk Manager based in Edinburgh.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for a large team supporting business units and functions worldwide. They will have proven experience providing strategic direction to the team whilst delivering business as usual.
- Management of the IT Service Desk activities and Service Desk team
- Efficient and timely management of service incidents through to a successful and timely resolution, including leading major incident recovery
- Establishing Service Desk performance through metrics, stakeholder engagement and transactional feedback including developing action plans to address areas needing improvement
- Continuous improvement of the incident and request management processes and the integration of these processes with other IT processes, such as problem management
- Building and maintaining relationships with all IT functions to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and exceeded
- Manage procurement and distribution of end user hardware
- Recruiting, selecting, onboarding and training employees. This involves communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising, reviewing job contributions and enforcing policies and procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Significant experience managing a busy IT Service Desk is essential
- People management and development experience is essential
- Intimate knowledge of IT service desk tools and best practices
- Strong communication and reporting skills
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline