Hamilton Forth is delighted to be partnering with one of our highly-valued clients to appoint a Data, Reporting & Analytics Lead to join their newly created data team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join a growing team and work with a start-up company, working on one of Scotland’s highest profile and most exciting national projects.
As a result of the organisation’s exponential growth, a Data, Reporting & Analytics Lead is required to join the team to contribute to the organisations data management, mining, reporting and analysis. They will also be responsible for understanding the nuances of the business strategy, identifying trends, impacts and interactions.
The primary purpose of the role is to provide leadership and experience across multiple functional areas in the definition and delivery of management information including data management, reporting and analytics capabilities.
The role will form and lead a small team (and 3rd-party partners) to analyse data across the organisation's digital solutions, identifying trends, impacts and interactions. Using this intelligence to break down complex requests, identify business needs, provide recommendations, lead analytics projects towards clear goals and drive business decisions
Data management and analytics is critical to the business operation and value to all stakeholders and will strongly influence business direction and decision making.
Responsible for data modelling, data mining, data analytics and report creation and manipulation in support of business operations
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the role will be part of the forming IT Leadership Team.
Main Objectives of Role
- Design, build and lead the organisation's approach to data management and management information systems.
- Form and lead a small Data, Reporting & Analytics Team providing data management and analytics capabilities.
- Along with other members of the team, design and build data models and develop appropriate data and reporting standards.
- Use a combination of analytical thinking with the relevant technology to identify and solve business problems quickly.
- Perform accurate data mining and extraction to leverage all possible stakeholder lenses. Manipulate, interpret and effectively present date using a variety of tools.
- Work with large datasets and varied analytical output requirements, creating complex reporting, data analysis and data selections in support of business decision making.
- Analyse source data structures and document data models from core business systems.
- Define, set up and manage analytics and data software applications.
- Proactively collaborate with external stakeholders and partners as part of an integrated approach to identifying and tackling potential fraudulent activities.
- Build end-user reporting and analytics applications using business intelligence tools.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing digital measurement and analysis across business operations and work with cross-functional teams to implement new features.
- Keep up to date with best practise standards and key technological changes.
- Source and manage appropriate expertise through 3rd-party partners.
- A self-motivated individual excited by the opportunity to work with a start-up company handling billions of transactions and moving to be a £500m + p.a. turnover business within its first year of live operation.
- In addition the candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- In-depth skills in various reporting and analytics methodologies and tools, with specific emphasis on Microsoft toolset eg. PowerBI, as a base for developing a suite of reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Experience in developing a data management, reporting and analytics capability for a fast moving business, including necessary documentation and training for solution users.
- Attention to detail and strong instinct for spotting problems and being able to think on their feet and present creative solutions.
- Organised, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player able and willing to work beyond the scope of the role to support the team.
- A friendly collaborative approach with stakeholders and development personnel, whilst ensuring targets are met within demanding project timescales.
- Strong customer service and support skills, willing to go the extra mile to ensure support to colleagues across the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- A proven quality driven, pragmatic and hands-on data expert able to identify and resolve issues.
- Extensive knowledge of data management, data mining and analytics methodologies and technologies, including all aspects of project lifecycle.
- Deep understanding of data modeling, report building and Management Information application building.
- Experience with PowerBI (or equivalent) and other Microsoft data management and analytics tools to analyse data and produce reports.
- Capable of simplifying complex datasets into simple insight and with meaningful explanation.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demand and timelines in a structured and objective manner. Capable of managing multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Experience of working in Agile teams or knowledge of Agile principles. Experience of working in an agile and dynamic environment with 3rd-party solution providers.
If this is an opportunity that suits your expertise and career aspirations, please apply at your earliest convenience.