Hamilton Forth is delighted to be partnering with one of our highly-valued clients to appoint a Data & Reporting Analyst to join their newly created data team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join a growing team and work with a start-up company, working on one of Scotland’s highest profile and most exciting national projects.
As a result of the organisation’s exponential growth, a Data & Reporting Analyst is required to join the team to contribute to the organisations data management, mining, reporting and analysis. They will also be responsible for understanding the nuances of the business strategy, identifying trends, impacts and interactions.
Reporting to the Data, Reporting & Analytics Lead, you will be part of a new team, created to analyse data across the organisation's digital solutions, identifying trends, impacts and interactions. Using this intelligence to break down complex requests, identify business needs, provide recommendations and participate in analytics projects towards clear goals. Data management and analytics is critical to the business operation and value to all stakeholders and will strongly influence business direction and decision making.
Main Objectives of Role:
- Participate as an active member of the new Data, Reporting & Analytics Team providing data management and analytics capabilities.
- Organise and transform data and information into comprehensible structures.
- Use a combination of analytical thinking with the relevant technology to identify and solve business problems quickly .
- Perform accurate data mining and extraction to leverage all possible stakeholder lenses. Manipulate, interpret and effectively present date using a variety of tools.
- Work with large datasets and varied analytical output requirements, creating complex reporting, data analysis and data selections in support of business decision making.
- Analyse source data structures and document data model from core business systems (eg. data models, data dictionary and data flow diagrams).
- Build end-user reporting and analytics applications using available business intelligence tools.
- Train and support end-users on PowerBI dashboards to promote a level of self-service reporting and analysis
- Identify opportunities for enhancing digital measurement and analysis across the business operations and work with cross-functional teams to implement new features.
- Keep up to date with best practise standards and key technological changes.
- A self-motivated individual excited by the opportunity to work with a start-up company handling billions of transactions and moving to be a £500m + p.a. turnover business within its first year of live operation.
- In addition the candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- In-depth skills in various reporting and analytics methodologies and tools, with specific emphasis on Microsoft toolset eg. PowerBI, as a base for developing a suite of reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Attention to detail and strong instinct for spotting problems and being able to think on their feet and present creative solutions.
- Organised, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong team player able and willing to work beyond the scope of the role to support the team.
- A friendly collaborative approach with stakeholders and development personnel, whilst ensuring targets are met within demanding project timescales.
- Strong customer service and support skills, willing to go the extra mile to ensure support to colleagues across the business.
Qualifications & Experience
- A proven quality driven, pragmatics and hands-on data expert able to identify and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of data management, data mining and analytics methodologies and technologies.
- Understanding of data modeling, report building and Management Information application building.
- Experience with PowerBI (or equivalent) and other Microsoft data management and analytics tools and techniques to analyse data, produce reports and visualise data in easy-to-understand formats.
- Capable of simplifying complex datasets into simple insight and with meaningful explanation.
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demand and timelines in a structured and objective manner
- Experience of working in Agile teams or knowledge of Agile principles.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets.
If this position suits your experience and career aspirations, please apply at your earliest convenience.