Interim Data Analyst job (Hybrid / Remote) with our Glasgow based client for a 1-month period.
Reporting to the Associate Director, you will be responsible for:
- Analysing and interpreting complex data, generating insight and reaching sound meaningful conclusions to support decision making
- Determining what information is needed to carry out a piece of research and selecting the best way to obtain it
- Carrying out research individually and as part of a team
- Presenting analysis results and conclusions orally and using tables, graphs, diagrams, computer models and written reports
- Communicating information in a way that is understandable to clients and colleagues
- Preparing preliminary and quarterly reports in good time for review and automating the standard analysis required for programme monitoring reports
- Making sense of quantitative data, identifying trends and making forecasts
- Producing high quality and pertinent data, evidence and analysis
- Providing sophisticated interpretation that brings new insights and innovation
- Ensuring statistical needs are met efficiently and effectively adding value to decision making and supporting the development of policies
- Compiling and presenting important statistics to a wide audience of stakeholders
- Devising systems and processes for collecting data in a consistent and complete way
To apply, you will be an experienced Data Analyst / Statistician with strong quantitative analysis skills. The ideal candidate will be familiar with R Statistical Computing Software and have advanced Excel skills. You will also be comfortable communicating complex statistical issues to non-statisticians. This is a short-term position with the need for an immediate start to ensure reporting can be delivered before the end of July 2023.