Hamilton Forth is delighted to be supporting an established Scottish Data Consultancy to recruit a Cloud Data Architect. This leading data solutions provider delivers Data Engineering, Cloud, Data Strategy & Management as well as BI & Analytics services to a range of large enterprise clients in data-rich industries.
Many clients are within financial services, however there will be the opportunity to work with a range of clients from different sectors. The organisation has delivered year-on-year revenue growth of 40% over the past two years and continues to build and strengthen their capability.
The UK's leading independent data solution provider are dedicated to developing and nurturing their people. They always provide employees with exciting challenges and rewards. Their culture of sharing and learning from one another helps them create a great environment.
We have exciting opportunities for Cloud Data Architects to join our consultancy team.
- A proven track record in designing and delivering technology solutions built on the cloud
- Comfortable engaging at all levels of the customer’s business, from working with senior/C-level leadership to guiding IT-specialists and developers on building and implementing solutions
- Strong experience designing and delivering data solutions in Azure, AWS, and/or GCP
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing cloud-native systems and/or rebuilding an existing system on the cloud
- Ability to lead architectural engagements, either directly or as part of a larger programme of work and take ownership for the successful delivery of customer value within budget, time and scope
- Able to concisely and articulately present to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A solid understanding of key processes in the engineering delivery cycle including Agile and DevOps, Git, APIs, Containers, Microservices and Data Pipelines
- Flexibility to travel to and work on client sites within the UK
- Experience in providing guidance to customers on their cloud journeys and able to establish long-term trusted advisor role
- Able to contribute to RFI/RFP requests and design & deliver innovative Proof of Concepts for customers
- Ability to lead best-practices for the consultancy resulting in standardised engagement models and repeatable ways-of-working
- Technically competent and curious, with a passion to explore and an attitude to learn new tools
- Experience delivering multiple solutions using key techniques such as Governance, Architecture, Data Modelling, ETL / ELT, Data Lakes, Data Warehousing, Master Data, and BI.
If you’re passionate about data, and you’re looking to join a leading data and analytics company based in the UK, please apply at your earliest convenience.