Hamilton Forth is currently working with a leading software house in Edinburgh who are recruiting a Lead Cloud Engineer. Our client is tackling business-critical problems and delivering a number of exciting cloud-based programmes.
The duties will, without being limited to, include:
- Architecting and building AWS cloud infrastructure, Kubernetes and platform services and DevSecOps tooling.
- Providing build automation, configuration management and CI/CD deployment solutions.
- Establishing operational excellence in the configuration of dashboards, creation of operational run-books and operational build of the platform including configuration of resilient architecture, backup/recovery and monitoring services.
- Designing and configuring AWS VPC-based architecture, including network and security controls.
- Working with the operational support team to help prepare the AWS platform and supporting services for operational testing and live use.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud-native design and engineering
- CI / CD deployment - GitLab
- Developing Infrastructure as Code solutions using Python
- Amazon CDK development
- Kubernetes – implementation and operational experience
- AWS VPC and network security
- Agile Scrum or similar project delivery methodologies
This is an excellent opportunity for you to work on some of the most renowned and complex projects in the Scottish tech market with market leading technologists across the board. Though the role is Edinburgh based, it will be fully remote to begin with. However, as we return to normality some travel to their office will be required.
For more information please contact [email protected]