Hamilton Forth are delighted to be partnering with one of our highly-valued clients to appoint a Data Analyst to join their newly created data team. This is an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst to join a growing team and work with a start-up company, working on one of Scotland’s highest profile and most exciting national projects.
As a result of the organisation’s exponential growth, a Data Analyst is required to join the team to contribute to the organisations data management, mining, reporting and analysis. They will also be responsible for understanding the nuances of the business strategy, identifying trends, impacts and interactions.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in both a Data Analyst and reporting position.
- Experience developing reports and performing accurate data mining.
- Able to present data to the wider business team in an accessible format, working with large datasets and analytical outputs.
- Experience using PowerBI, developing data models and implementing data warehousing principles.
- Excellent written skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and possess a can-do attitude.
- Conduct accurate data mining and extraction, using a range of tools to manipulate, interpret, and effectively present date.
- Work with large datasets and a variety of analytical output requirements, developing complicated reporting, data analysis, and data selections to support business decisions.
- Examine and document source data structures and data models from core business system, for example, data models and data flow diagrams.
- Use accessible business intelligence tools, create end-user reporting and analytical applications.
- Structure data and information by organising it appropriately into comprehensive structures.
The role will run for 3 - 6 months as an OUT OF SCOPE IR35 assignment. Located in Glasgow, with the expectation to be onsite 2-3 days per week, however, there will be a level of flexibility around this.
This position would be best suited to an individual with a high attention to detail, be self-motivated and have the ability to deliver information across a variety of stakeholders.
If you believe you’re a good match to the above – then please get in touch at your earliest convenience!